Monday 28 January 2013

A Step Back In Time

On Saturday Grace and I were lucky enough to be invited along to a PR event for Squashies.


Remember old favourites from your childhood - Lovehearts, Drumsticks, Double Lollies and Refreshers? Well Swizzels Matlow have given them a new lease of life in a fun squashy form! They taste exactly like the originals but are even easier to eat (Hmm, is that a good thing? Yummy AND easy to eat? My waistline doesn't think so!!!).

The event was fab! An 80's themes Tea-Party with lots of old and new sweets to try and games and face painting for the kiddos and a great chance for me to meet some fellow parent bloggers for the first time! Got some great advice and tips and met some lovely people!



Grace had a whale of a time and made some lovely little friends - here she is with the super cute Roo of Boo, Roo and Tigger too!



My favourite sweets were always Lovehearts - a timeless, simple gesture of love for all ages, as well as being just delicious! Speaking to Sarah Louise Meslop, Marketing Manager at Swizzels Matlow, I found out that the factory they are made is dubbed 'The most romantic work place' with 1 in 4 staff members being romantically involved and they will be appearing on various popular TV shows on and around Valentines Day! I found this absolutely fascinating - maybe they do contain some kind of magic love potion after all!! After spotting this pack, I think they are set to become a firm favourite of Graces too!



A great day was had by all!

Pop over to the Squashies website or download to app on your tablet or smart phone to enter their great competition and be in with a chance of winning a years supply!



The event was held at V&A Museum of Childhood which is somewhere I'd never heard of before but can't wait to visit again! We have already planned another trip with my friends and their children so we can spend the whole day there and get involved with some of the great activities they put on for the little ones as we had to rush off to get the train back to Portsmouth.



I was a bit put out that some of the 'vintage' toys were ones I had myself as I didn't think I was quite vintage yet but Grace loved seeing what toys I had when I was a kid and it was great to reminisce




No comments:

Post a Comment