Thursday 1 November 2012

October Glossy Box.

Being a Beauty and Make-up Student, I was delighted to discover GLOSSYBOX.

For £10.00 a month +P&P, you receive 5 miniatures of high-end beauty products to sample and give feedback if you wish.

The theme of this months box is DIY Beauty, a selection of products for a cosy, pampering night in. So what with the broken foot, nights in and making myself feel good are right up my street at the moment!! 2 out of the 5 products I received were full size and 4 out of 5 of them were from brands I weren't familiar with so it's a great way of discovering new products.

What I got -

Anatomicals 'don't just clean it woman, scrub it' Body Scrub

One thing I really look for in a product, as long as I'm not using it on my face, is a good scent. This pink grapefruit scented scrub not only smells great but also left usually very dry legs feeling great. After just one use there was a noticeable shine to my skin. The packaging drove my OCD a bit mental with the lack of capital letters but that's just being picky isn't it? It really is a great scrub and I will definitely be purchasing the full size product (200ml for £3.49)




Yves Rocher France Instant Anti-Wrinkle Moisturiser - HYDA VEGETAL.

Now I'm only 29, and not to blow my own trumpet but I have pretty youthful looking skin (I VERY rarely get to purchase a bottle of wine without having to prove I'm old enough to do so... It has it's downsides!) so I can't really give a review on that aspect of this one but it left my skin looking visibly 'plump' around the eyes and goes on really smoothly and feels great. This one was a full size product of 30ml so will last a long time (maybe even til the wrinkles do come along. I've jinxed myself now haven't I!?)





Skinetica Anti-Blemish

I'm prone to blackheads on my nose, bloody horrible things. I don't tend to get spots other than that but I get them in abundance leaving me with a bit of a red nose! I popped a bit of this on my nose last night and again this morning and I've noticed a slight difference, the skin looks a bit smoother but I think I'll need to keep it up for any real affect so seeing as it has started already I'll definitely be purchasing this to see how it goes!



The Organic Pharmacy Enzyme Peel Mask with Vitamin C and Papaya.

Another brand I hadn't heard of before but was VERY impressed with, you put it on as a face mask, leave for 10 minutes then wash off. It spreads really evenly and feels very smooth but you get a slight tingling feeling when it's on which did feel a bit uncomfortable if I'm being fussy but, taking off the top layer of skin it does leave you feeling silky smooth.




Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure.

This was the one brand I had heard of before. I've got utterly rubbish nails that are like paper so I have previously tried the Sally Hansen nail strengthener. This products claims to have 5 steps of a manicure in 1 bottle - Base Coat, Strengthener, Growth Treatment, Colour and Top Coat. I'm so bad at applying nail varnish usually, I could ask my 6 year old to do it for me and probably get a similar result but this one went on really well and does have the shine and coverage of a salon manicure, if it stays on longer than a day which is usually my limit then I'll be totally impressed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment