Tuesday 20 November 2012

Six Songs Of Me

I came across this over on Kate Takes 5's blog and thought it was a nice idea so here is mine.

The Guardian has a great little feature as part of their Music section that's called Six Songs of Me.

So here is my entry -

1. What was the first song you ever bought?
I remember having a vinyl of Sandy Shaw's Puppet On a String that was the first I ever owned but the first one I actually remember buying myself was Take That's Babe. Still love them!


2. What song always gets you dancing?
The Smith's This Charming Man. They've been my favourite band for a very very long time and this is the most cheerful and always makes me smile when I hear it!


3. What song takes you back to your childhood?
Madness - My Girl. Favourite band in many homes in the 80's I imagine but especially mine. My dad was a mod so any ska music takes me right back to being 6 years old and dancing round the kitchen with him.


4. What is your perfect love song?
Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet. I think this song is absolutely perfect in every way. I can listen to it over and over again and often do. 


5. What song would you want at your funeral?
Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye. Decided this the first time I ever heard it. 


6. Time for the encore. One last song that make you you.
The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun. Fell in love with this band the minute I heard this song and had many happy times over the years because of this, a time that made me who I am today.

2 comments:

  1. Wow we have exactly the same taste in music - I love every one of these. Libertines are one of my favuourite bands ever and I could listen to that Dire Straits song forever. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh really? Love Love Love The Libertines. Went to see them many times! xx

      Delete