Monday 19 November 2012

Our little Owlie Clock!

Anyone who knows me, knows about my little obsession with all things owl themed. We have owl cushions in our living room, I have a huge owl canvas on the wall, owl curtains, a little one sat on the edge of the edge of my shelving unit, and they are just the things I can see right now as I write this.

On a shopping trip to Spitalfields Market in Shoreditch in the summer I saw a beautiful vintage owl clock, I fell in love with it but I wasn't paying £60 for a bloody clock so G and I had the idea of making our own. Having recently moved house it has only just been taken out of the box and put up so I thought I'd share it with you.

The most expensive part was clock kit for £4.25 on Amazon! We used an old cardboard box and went to Hobbycraft for some pretty patterned paper and a couple of big dark buttons.

I drew out an owl shape on the cardboard box and then some wing shapes on one of the patterned sheets, big circles for the outer eyes, a little beak and  drew round the top half of the cardboard shape on one of the sheets for the head. G cut them all out and glued them on, then stuck the buttons on for the eyes and I put the clock kit in for her which already had a hook on making it ready to hang! Simple but looks fab and all her friends who visit love it and she loves telling them she made it herself!

Here she is showing it off!


And here it is up on the wall...




No comments:

Post a Comment